X

• Filtro
  • Ora
  • Visualizza
Elimina tutto
nuovi messaggi

• N7NG Wayne Mills and Radioamateur best practice: Q&A for Hamradioweb

Hello readers,

due to the facts regarding ZS8M, i had a email exchange months ago with N7NG, Wayne Mills. Wayne is the president of the YASME, the higher DX foundation in the world, devoted to preserve and encourage radioamateur operations around the world and over the DXCC entities. He works strictly in cooperation with his "brother" OH2BH, Martti Laine.

After a long time due to the fact that he is working on "DXpedition Basics" v 2.0, he find some time to say something to quote on this forum, regarding the bad facts happened with ZS8M.

Here is the quote:

"Hello Cristiano, those are my efforts in this months for DX world:
    during the several DXpeditions in recent months, I spend quite a bit of time listening (and recording) hours of pileups. The results are very interesting. In many cases, DXers are "encouraged" to operate poorly by the bad operating of DX ops.

At the present time, several of us are working on additions and alternatives
    to the DX Code. Since I believe that educating DXpedition operators is easier than educating "the masses," I am working on re-writing DXpeditioning Basics (www.dxpeditioningbasics.com). I am also considering writing a new DXCC book for ARRL. I have also written a very short piece called "How to Work Us," which would be used behind a "button" on DXpedition Web sites as a direct request by the DXpedition for DXers for follow.

So, there is much to do. Let me say that creating blacklists is NOT the
    proper approach to gaining cooperation from DXers. You can quote me on that one. A blacklist is a device that might be used by a DXer who knows no other alternative. There are better ways.

I'll post your message on the board above my desk, and I promise to comment to you further as possible for the public. Thanks for you interesting helping to make DXing more fun!

Ciao,

Wayne, N7NG

Jackson, Wyoming"

So, agreeing with our thoughs, we feel that there is something wrong. The feeling of "dx contact" is changed over the years, and the great work of Wayne in recording the pileups to understand what is wrong for sure will be a technical and psycological analisys as we never seen before.

Like our member Joe IZ3BSU frequently say, "stay tuned". Wayne, thanks for your Q-S-T, we're waiting your next !

Cristiano IZ0IEN
    Ultima modifica di IZ0IEN; 03-06-11, 17:56.
    Cris IZ0IEN
    http://www.technecom.it
    Founder of FOC - Frigo Operators Club
    Member of SOC #990 - Second Operator Class
    Orgoglioso cultore del CW a correzione d'errore.
Sto operando...
X