Comprimi
X

• Filtro
  • Ora
  • Visualizza
Elimina tutto
nuovi messaggi

• 50-MHz activity and propagation

During January some sporadic-e openings usually occur. As a matter of fact just yesterday S59A heard the OD5SIX beacon 599 at 17:19Z.

There are two useful beacons for detecting propagation openings to Palestine, namely OD5SIX on 50.077 MHz and 4X4SIX on 50.080 MHz.

Should you hear said beacons, would you please send an SMS to +39-335-384315. I am in contact with the pilot station IK7JWY and he can try to get the DXpedition on 50 MHz.

Tony I0JX

Riferimento: 50-MHz activity and propagation

Aurelio, in his spare time, biuld a dipole for 6 meters band that You can see in the picture.
    Thanks this We did few QSO with 4X and 9H (Cw and SSB).
    It seem's that also Italy heard us 5/3...We will monitor this band time to time.
    If You think that there are condition put a shot on the cluster, we will do the possible to provide the country also for the 6m lovers.

73 de Giorgio IZ4AKS

Commenta

Re: 50-MHz activity and propagation

Dear Giorgio,

thanks very much for your effort, and to Arturo IK7JWY for his support. The antenna looks good and we now just need a bit of propagation. According to my records, there always are some e-sporadic openings in January, so we have some hope.

Please remember that in Rome we have a 24-hr beacon on 50.004 MHz. If you hear it, you may send me an SMS to +39-335-384315 and I will spread out the info on the 50-MHz chat, so that also other stations can enjoy the opening.

Palestine is a very rare country on 6 meters, it having been activated just once by a JA whio made very few QSOs.

If I will hear the OD5SIX or 4X4SIX beacon, I will put a message on the cluster and send an SMS to Arturo. Please remember that openings may not last much time, so it is important to come on the air as early as possible.

Thank you and congrats for your activity.

Tony I0JX

Commenta

This mornig We spent we few hours on six withour results. The country actually worked are 3: 4X, 9H and I.
        With a total amount of 7 QSO. We will stay tuned usually on 50110 and at 14.00 z we will try again as yesterday.

Best regards

73 de Giorgio IZ4AKS

Commenta

Originariamente inviato da IZ4AKS Visualizza il messaggio
          This mornig We spent we few hours on six withour results. The country actually worked are 3: 4X, 9H and I.
          With a total amount of 7 QSO. We will stay tuned usually on 50110 and at 14.00 z we will try again as yesterday.

Best regards

73 de Giorgio IZ4AKS
          I try to call and rx U @ 14.00z now and i waiting for 1 hour in rx... I hope to hear U!!!
          Best wishes...

73s de Gianluca
          http://my.meteonetwork.it/station/laz013/sticker-oriz1

73s de Gianluca IK0XIH - 8Q7GL - IR0I - IQ0CI - IQ0RL

Commenta

Tnx to a long phone call with IZ4GWE we did a beacon with 10w at 50.075.

I hope It could be apreciated.

73 de Giorgio IZ4AKS

Commenta

Good idea to have a beacon on 50.075 which is not too far away from the OD5SIX beacon on 50.078. So, it is fairly handy to monitor both.

As to schedules, I do think it is useful to make skeds at given times as, in absence of sporadic-e conditions, there is NO WAY to make a contact. Distance to Italy is far too high for tropo contacts, and probably even too high for meteor scatter (JT6).

The only chance is to patiently wait for a sporadic-e openings which occasionally occur in the winter season too, although not usually lasting much time. As soon as we will hear your beacon, we will try to inform you via the pilot IK7JWY.

It would be useful for us to know at which time you will close the station on sunday.

Tony I0JX

Commenta

Oggi sabato e domani domenica (fino al 15 quando partite) monitorizzo continuamente la frequenza di 50075. Per favore lasciate sempre il beacon acceso. Grazie. I0JX

Commenta

Sto operando...
                X