annuncio

Comprimi
Ancora nessun annuncio.

10x10 - Ten questions for Ten Hams: IN3ZNR !

Comprimi
Questa è una discussione evidenziata.
X
X

• Filtro
  • Ora
  • Visualizza
Elimina tutto
nuovi messaggi

• 10x10 - Ten questions for Ten Hams: IN3ZNR !

Sierra Zero One Radio, listen up... with my icom 751 i got this call on my indoor dipole - used to listen and listen and listen on the shortwaves, in the 2006 i didn't have ham license.. what's ? Western Sahara ? The first time i hear S0, an absolute new one for me.. Since i was a child Africa had a particular fascination for me... looking on internet i discover that S01R was operated by an Italian - IN3ZNR.
    Years later, i know Fabrizio better talking on the chat of this community for hours, and for sure will be a great day when i can talk with him with a couple of beers and the right company
    One of the hams who defend the honour of Italians in the radioamateur world. Now, IN3ZNR:

Q: How did you start with the radio, at what age and with what equipment?

My first approach with the radio was a big valvestate receiver in the living room of my house. We are talking of the first '60. Trying here and there I discovered the magic of the medium wave:the night brought me items that speak in foreign languages. Instead the daytime, I hear only the medium-wave relay 2 km from my house. That began to give me an idea of the concept of the nocturnal long wave propagation. Then, years later I had the hands over some CB band HT in my town. In my school a friend of mine had his license OM and used the station's parent (IN3BRM) that I can consider my Elmer. With his help, finally in 1975 made the first step for my license OM. Ironically I did the examination of CW but not theory. Permit required for SWL and immediately listen with a FR50B Yaesu. Then other interests, up to that with my two other friends made the "big step" and after a year in 1980 finally became IN3NR. Set up in the air with a terrifying Sommerkamp FT505 DX and homemade two element yagi for 10 meters. It was a spectacular solar cycle ... ... ...

Q: What is your primary activity on the radio now? Your mode and your favorite band?

When possible, I devote myself to the DX but I also like to do a QSO with a UR if he calls me. Let's say I currently have a decent station, at an altitude of 1000 meters, which allows me to use all bands from 10 to 80 meters. I have done very little in 160 meters and 6 meters. No activity except for a few V-UHF QSO local FM. After a half dozen of Dxpeditions alone or with another OM, about 5 years ago we founded the team Dx friends, www.dxfriends.com with a group of European friends. We have all the dangerous propensity to activate some DXCC country, with an average of one at year. Personally I prefer the HF bands - all the HF have an interest for me - because here are always something to do and learn. For a long time, I attended the 40 meters, the band that gave me more chances to DX as a city surrounded by mountains (Trento). I do not like the digital modes and even the RTTY. I have completely abandoned the CW, the first time after got the Italian license, and then after completing the extraclass American. This is my main gap, I think my next goal will be to return to be a CW Novice

D: Contests and awards.Like or dislike it?

Contest: I started in the late 80's with a good business even from places outside Italy. Obviously, I am dedicated to biggest contests like CQWW, WPX, IARU and ARRL. I would not have time to follow all the contest now,due to family and work. The best results and the most fun was with the team IH9P from Pantelleria in the early 2000s .. With even two world leaders places in "multi" to which I contributed a small part of me also .. A very nice experience shared with friends and still very active even on Hamradioweb: IT9BLB, IK2HKT, IK2CIO, IK7JWY, IT9ZGY and many others. As for the awards, I received a 5-Band DXCC and WAZ. . I lost a lot of new ones when due to lack of time and / or poor setups I have not been able to work Dxpeditions (even easy). But I'm a mild hunter, not a hungry one

Q: Tubes or solid-state?

Quick answer: solid state up to 500 watts, tubes for higher ratings. I like to have some old hands to the tube, but only for historical curiosity. I have no nostalgia of my tube equipment.

Q: SDR or traditional radio?

Traditional radio! I do not dispute the quality of the SDR and their superiority in certain circumstances. For now I remain true to my Elecraft K3 which replaced a Yaesu FT1000 MP I have had for 6 years.

Q: The most exciting thing you remember about our hobby?

The most exciting thing I remember is getting up at dawn to Vientiane in Laos and to work every morning hundreds of Americans on 15 meters and 10 meters, and next in the afternoon replicate the same but with Europe until midnight local. But we were in 2000 at the top of the previous solar cycle

Q: The worst thing you remember about our hobby?

Is not too hard to remember: it is happening in these years. A barbarism in the frequency behavior, in particular by two or three people (do not call them amateurs) that, ignoring every rule and common sense on the radio (and also IARU band plan), occupies portions of the band usually dedicated to DX QSO with unnecessary vulgar words, in Italian, bringing shame on the whole category of Italian hams. This depresses me very much.

Q: better the "old days" or now?

I have no nostalgia for the old days, when I started just taking the license to appear on the HF. Each new QSO is better, every time rekindling the radio is better. Every time I try a new antenna (self-made when possible) is better. Every time I learn something new is better. Or not?

Q: Radioamateur will survive to digital era?

The paper printed books will survive the Internet? Well, your question is a question that must be answered taking it with a very open mind... Since we are OM, which is closely related to the survival of radio, I would say that the prospects are good, just think how many things are now wireless. We live surrounded by radio waves everywhere. Your question, however, is that we do concerning the use of radio bands allowed to hamradio service. Although we are considered now "radio users" with very little weight and that don't have to offer anymore to world community in terms of discoveries in electronics and experimentation, we have maintained, however, the exclusive use of several bands. The luck is that the interest of science, industry, especially broadcast Strategic Defence has moved higher and higher frequency and consequently on wavelengths far away from ours. We are among the last to "experience" long-wave (HI), using CW and RTTY. Maybe the luck of amateur radio is to have many hobbies involveds into it, and if one can jump from one interest to another. Satellite, APRS, V-UHF Contest, digital communication, DIY, HF Contest, DX, etc. awards. The real problem is that the fascination exercised on me a radio on when I was 12, now it is translated in a video game, a text message, facebook for the nowadays 12ers. Where to get new recruits to supplement those who for various reasons (including SK) out of the amateur? What today has the radio that could attract a new generation? Why the new OM arriving in our section to get the license are all older than 40 years? No answer ... ... ... ... ... .. But for at least the next 25-30 years we still had a good time ... ...

Q: What would you say to a fresh license, if you were "the elmer" ?

I never considered a good teacher, not in the sense that I do not give a good example, but in the sense that knowing how to teach their experiences to others is a skill that not everyone has. However I would say that the base is in listening. Hear the best of course, and learn to distinguish those operators from the bad. In general I would say start gradually, Not so many of those who has missed the basics survived after in the long period (I mean amateur radio). And...read the DX code of conduct !
    Of course, I could not be the Elmer one who is interested in satellites or all'APRS, I don't know nothing about. Should be one that deals with HF-DX, Contest, Antennas. Others could not teach.

Thank so much to Fabrizio "Brix" IN3ZNR - the call that bring to my mind the sand of sahara trough the shortwaves...

73 until the next 10x10 de IZ0IEN Cristiano.
    Cris IZ0IEN
    http://www.technecom.it
    Founder of FOC - Frigo Operators Club
    Member of SOC #990 - Second Operator Class
    Orgoglioso cultore del CW a correzione d'errore.
Sto operando...
X