hamradioweb.org

Go Back   hamradioweb.org > Discussioni / Areas of discussion > DX'ing > VK9MT 2014: the IV3YER timeline - il diario di IV3YER

Notices

VK9MT 2014: the IV3YER timeline - il diario di IV3YER in this forum Luigi IV3YER, one of the VK9MT 2014 team, will tell us about his experience, before leaving for Mellish Reef and during the DXpedition (internet connection permitting).

Closed Thread

Old 17-03-14, 21:54   #1
IZ5CML

VK9MT International propagation charts

Some days before the start, here are the propagation charts for VK9MT, created by me and Art IK7JWY.
The parameters considered for the preparation of the tables are:
Solar Flux Index = 130 sfu
K = 1 (quiet)
Pout= 500W
Vertical antenna over salt water at VK9MT end and 3 el. yagi at the other end.
At the moment we cannot predict the geomagnetic conditions during the dxpedition. The tables will be updated if these conditions were to be perturbed.

Using Tables
Locate the route and the band (or time) of interest, there are two parameters that help us to understand which is the time (or band) better: the intensity of the signal (color from yellow to red) and the availability of the signal (color from light gray to blue). The ideal condition is for the intensity red and blue for availability.
Click on the charts to enlarge them

Alcuni giorni prima dell'inizio, ecco le tabelle propagative, elaborate da me ed Art IK7JWY.

I parametri sulla base dei quali sono state elaborate sono:
Solar Flux Index = 130 sfu
K = 1 (quiete geomagnetica)
Pout=500W
Antenna verticale su acqua salata dalla parte di VK9MT e Yagi 3 elementi dall'altra parte
Allo stato attuale non Ŕ possibile prevedere quali saranno le condizioni geomagnetiche durante la spedizione. Le tabelle verranno aggiornate qualora tali condizioni dovessero essere perturbate.

Uso delle tabelle
Individuate la tratta e la banda (o l'orario) di interesse, vi sono due parametri che ci aiutano a capire quale Ŕ l'orario (o la banda) migliore: l'intensitÓ del segnale (colore dal giallino al rosso) e la disponibilitÓ del segnale (colore dal grigio chiaro al blu). La condizione ideale Ŕ rosso per l'intensitÓ e blu per la disponibilitÓ. Fare click sulle tabelle per ingrandirle.

NORTH & SOUTH AMERICA

W6 SP

W6 LP

W0 SP

W0 LP

W3 SP

W3 LP

KP4 SP

KP4 LP

PY SP

PY LP

LU SP