hamradioweb.org

Go Back   hamradioweb.org > Discussioni / Areas of discussion > DX'ing > DXpeditions by I.D.T. (until 5X3C 2019) > 9Q0HQ

Notices

9Q0HQ This forum is to share informations about the DXpedition in Congo directly with the HF pilot station (IK7JWY for HF and IK0FTA for 6m). During the operations, feel free to put your questions or suggestions here. The official web site of the DXpedion is www.i2ysb.com . Have fun.

Old 13-03-15, 20:45   #1
py2xb

160m !!!

Hi Guys

Do you have any info on Top Band operation ? I also would like to know where the team is located. Is it a Hotel ? Is it noisy for low bands ?

Team is doing a wonderful job. Thanks for 6m qso. First time ever I heard 9Q on six.

Regards Fred - PY2XB
py2xb non  è collegato   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-15, 02:16   #2
I9/7446

Re: 160m !!!

No, sorry no info about location.

At present time only someone flash qsy for testing on 160MT.
You can to look the teem member spot on cluster , by IK2HKT.
Usually they write info and call cq ( for a test tx/ rx antenna on 160mt) immediately.
Your swl report in the cluster about topband, from PY, is appreciated also.
Old 14-03-15, 10:57   #3
IK7JWY

Here is the inverted-L for 160. The vertical side is 20m high.

Click image for larger version

Name:	160mt.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	222.1 KB
ID:	14272

in this picture you can also see the location. The ground around is wet and it seems to be good.
IK7JWY non  è collegato   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-15, 01:04   #4
IK7JWY

directly from the team:

"we have thunderstorm, almost every afternoon, with lightning and heavy noise. Conditions are difficult on 80 and 160. In the evening the signals are very week and often below the noise level. Something better at sunrise, when signals become stronger. This morning we worked on 80 despite the noise. No condition on the 160. The next days we'll try to improve something and to give more time to the 160, weather permitting."
Old 21-03-15, 12:15   #5
IK7JWY

continue efforts to improve the performances on the low bands. We have assembled a EWE instead of other RX antennas, it seems to be better in noise suppression. For transmission, this morning we worked a lot to mount four elevated radial for the 160 vertical antenna. Long enough the calibration, each radial must be calibrated independently and then the antenna, as a finishing touch. Tonight we will evaluate, will be useful feedback from our listeners.
Unfortunately, the low bands are very noisy, two nights ago we did a fair amount of activity but very little last night because the noise was too strong and it does not allows to decode the signals even though we heard that there were many people calling us.
Who puts comment on the cluster should try to stay on this side and have to deal with noise, maybe at his home did not.

continuano gli sforzi per migliorare le performances nelle bande basse. Abbiamo montato una EWE al posto delle altre antenne rx, sembra essere migliore nella diminuzione del rumore. Per la trasmissione, stamattina abbiamo lavorato parecchio per montare 4 radiali sollevati per la verticale dei 160m. Abbastanza lunghe le operazioni di taratura, ogni radiale deve essere tarato indipendentemente e dopo l'antenna, come tocco finale. Stanotte la valuteremo, saranno utili i feedback da parte di chi ci ascolta.
Purtroppo le bande basse sono molto rumorose, 2 notti fa abbiamo fatto una discreta attività ma la notte scorsa pochissimo perchè le scariche erano troppo forti e non ci permettevano di decodificare i segnali nonostante si sentisse che c'era molta gente che ci chiamava.
Chi mette gli spot di commento dovrebbe provare a stare da questa parte della barricata e fare i conti col noise, che magari a casa sua non ha.

Last edited by IK7JWY; 21-03-15 at 23:53.