• Filtro
  • Ora
  • Visualizza
Elimina tutto
nuovi messaggi

• Midland Gxt 650

Salve a tutti,
    prima di tutto vorrei specificarvi che sono un radio amatore,
    molto amatoriale, nel senso che non ho una gran dimestichezza con queste radioline.
    Infatti, girando su internet, mi sono lasciato abbagliare dai 28 km dichiarati dalla Midland gxt 650
    e subito ho speso 120€ per il loro acquisto.
    Il risultato è che funzionano solo tra di loro. Non è possibile in alcuna maniera effettuare modifiche in modo tale che possano essere compatibili anche con le radio italiane così da non sentirmi piu solo?
    Vi ringrazio in anticipo per la rispota.
    Ultima modifica di MidlandFxT; 30-11-07, 16:43.

Best radio from what I have already tried
    07-May-2007
    Pros: Good transmission range, sound quality, solid battery, uses AA batteries, car charger, headsets, low price
    Cons: power battery life, Weak design. Heavy. Weak belt clip.
    The Bottom Line: Midland GXT650 is one of the best and powerful two-way radios that you can purchase for personal use. It is powerful and yet cheap.

RATING DETAILS
    better-->
    Full Review

Before I purchased this radio I had Motorola TalkAbout 5500 (1-watt, 5-miles) and Motorola SX800R (2-watt, 18-miles) radios. Based on my experience with these two radios I evaluated the Midland GXT650 VP4.

The price was not a concer for me when I shopped for the new two-way radio. Being dissatisfied with the transceiver quality of previous radios I was looking for the most powerful radio on the market. In April 2007, the most powerful (5-watt) radios on available on the market were Midland GXT650 VP4 and Cobra LI 7000-2 WX VP. I was not able to find any customer reviews for the Cobra radio. It was pricier than Midland. Unlike Cobra, Midland adds to the standard accessories packaged the car charger and the head sets.

When using the Midland GXT650 it became clear that this is a quality radio. The TRANSMISSION RANGE and wave penetration was far superior to those radios I had before. Note, I used "hi" power mode at 5th channel which is GMRS. Here is a few tests I gave to the radio.
    Usage Test 1: Surrounded by solid concrete I was in the basement of the 18 stories project building while my friend was on the 12th floor. The quality of transmission was as clear if I were speaking from the room next door.
    Usage Test 2: My friend was on the ground level of the airport while I was about half-mile away driving a car. The range was obstructed by a few concrete building, road ramps, and a little hill in between us. In this terrain, the radio did not worked at the distance of one mile apart, which is reasonable in the terrain described.
    Usage Test 3: My friend uses Motorola TalkAbout 5500 (1-watt, 5-miles) at the top floor apartment of the 6 stories building in Brooklyn, while I'm on the 12-th floor of the project building. The distance between us is 3.5 mile with a few obstructing buildings. My friend could clearly receive my transmission, while my Midland radio was receiving signal with difficulty. Nevertheless, we could communicate to each other.

To mention the Motorola TalkAbout 5500 and Motorola SX800R none of the above could operate in the scenarios above except #3. While having a "name", ergonomic design, and good battery life those radios have much sorter transmit/receive range than the Midland GXT650. Also, it seemed to me that the Midland GXT650 is easier to do SETTINGS. Only one button push automatically turns the radio to receive Weather Channel. Only one push locks the keys from being accidentally pushed. Setting other functions is easy and quite intuitive, however it takes reading manual at least once in order to know all the radio capabilities. The radio BATTERY comparability to use AA batteries (needs four) is a great advantage. If you need communication in critical situation like skiing, hiking it is very convenient to have a backup 4-pack of AA batteries a pocket in case if the radio rechargeable battery dies. Furthermore, you can still use your radio after the rechargeable battery becomes not functional in several years. To my dismay, the battery life is very short when actively used in "high" power mode. In moderately used for short communications the new battery may last for 1 - 2 days in "hi" power mode. Having the CAR CHARGER is also very critical. I the past I have encountered several situations when my radio died and I was not close to an electric outlet. You also may charge and operate in "high" power mode than driving in car pack. The radio is less ERGONOMIC and easy to grip than Motorola radios. It is a little HEAVIER also, but that's should be expected drawback having a powerful battery. The BELT CLIP is standard plastic clip. It would be nice if Midland can add little hole that can fit a thread to hang the radio on the neck.

In general, I like the Midland GXT650 radio much better than those Motorola's that I had before. I think it is one of the best and powerful two-way radios that you can purchase for the family use. On my personal scale it easily deserves 8 out of 10 point.

Commenta

Midland Walkie Talkies -
      GXT650 VP4 Model

* Up to 18 Mile Range
      * Mossy Oak New Breakup Camouflage Case
      * 5 Animal Call Alerts - Includes Duck, Goose, Owl, Elk and Turkey
      * 22 Channels (7 FRS/GMRS, 7 FRS, 8 GMRS)
      * All Hazards Weather Radio - Automatic severe weather/hazard information 24/7
      * Vibrate Alert - Provides silent page/call notifications
      * 121 Privacy Codes - Gives you up to 2,662 channel options to help you block other conversations
      * 3 Levels of eVox - Allows for hands-free use. No need for an external microphone
      * Switchable Hi/Med/Lo Power - Allows you to adjust transmit power
      * Channel Scan - Automatically checks channels for activity
      * 5 Call Alerts - Different call tones to notify you of incoming calls from your group
      * Silent Operation - Turns off all tones for quiet operation
      * Auto Squelch - Removes annoying background noise
      * Auto Battery Save - Provides longer battery life
      * Keypad Lock - Locks in your selected settings
      * Roger Beep - Indicates call completion
      * Backlit Display - For easy nighttime viewing
      * Battery Meter / Battery Low Indicator
      * Monitor - Checks for any activity on your channel
      * Water Resistant - Prevents damage from light water exposure
      * Keystroke Tones - Audible tones with each key press
      * Mic/Headset Jacks - For speaker mic and headphones
      * Drop-in Charger Capable
      * On/Off Volume Knob
      * Value Pack Includes: 2 Radios, 2 Belt Clips, Pair of Microphone Headsets
      * FCC License Required for use
      * Three-year warranty from the manufacturer

Specifications:

* Channels:
      22 GMRS/FRS Channels +121 Privacy Codes
      10 NOAA Weather (WX) Band Channels
      * Operating Frequencies:
      UHF 462.5500 ~ 467.7125 MHz
      * Power requirements: 2 AA alkaline batteries or 6.0V Rechargeable Ni-MH battery pack

Dimensions:

* 6.0" x 2.250" x 1.250" (152mm x 57mm x 32mm)

Ultima modifica di MidlandFxT; 30-11-07, 17:34.

Commenta

Eccovi tutte le caratteristiche.
        Nessuno puo darmi una mano?

Commenta

I Walkie-Talkie a cui fai riferimento non rientrano tra gli argomenti di interesse di questa community. In ogni caso non puoi far nulla, legittimamente, per aumentarne la portata. Se sei sinceramente interessato alla radiotecnica, con gli argomenti annessi e connessi, ti consigliamo di acquistare uno dei libri generalmente usati per studiare il programma d'esame per diventare radioamatore.
          Inoltre, poichè ti sei iscritto due volte alla community usando due nickname diversi, provenienti, però, da uno stesso indirizzo IP, consideriamo tale comportamento poco chiaro e pertanto entrambi i nickname vengono temporaneamente bloccati finchè non chiarirai la situazione scrivendo allo staff (voce "contatta staff" in basso).
          Discussione chiusa.

Commenta

Sto operando...
          X