X

• Filtro
  • Ora
  • Visualizza
Elimina tutto
nuovi messaggi

• ZS8M and the upset against Italians.

GM,

I and Martii, OH2BH, yesterday we had a email exchange about what ZS8M wrote about Italians hams.

I'm waiting for the necessary permissions to publish what Martii think I can publish here. By the way, I invite Martii to sign up our forum.

Martii gently ask to me and to "my countrymens" to explain what exactly happen with I5REA and why ZS8M upset against Italians. He say "I did ask the question from the highest DX authority in the world."

I personally already wrote to Martii my opinion: the expectations from ZS8M is far away higher than Pierre can imagine. And people are really asking so much. If the operator don't have the necessary strong and experience the whole thing becomes a big mess. Maybe reading this: http://www.indexa.org/documents/dx-basics.pdf can help understand the lacks of the operations.

Regarding the question opened by Martii, because personally don't know exactly what happens, contributes are welcome from anyone.
    Really, i'm thinking that is not a good thing that for the bad actions of one , ten , fifty people, all the world do know us as "bad operators".
    Do you reader agree ??

Regards and 73,
    Cristiano IZ0IEN
    Cris IZ0IEN
    http://www.technecom.it
    Founder of FOC - Frigo Operators Club
    Member of SOC #990 - Second Operator Class
    Orgoglioso cultore del CW a correzione d'errore.

Re: ZS8M and the upset against Italians.

Everyone knows the sad story of 14195. I believe that in this case Italy has shown a bad example, but those who have generalized the case by attacking at all the Italian people the label of "bad operators" have done something worse. Simply now we are paying this fact.

Paolo I4EWH
    http://i4ewh.altervista.org

Commenta

Originariamente inviato da i4ewh Visualizza il messaggio
      Everyone knows the sad story of 14195. I believe that in this case Italy has shown a bad example, but those who have generalized the case by attacking at all the Italian people the label of "bad operators" have done something worse. Simply now we are paying this fact.

Paolo I4EWH
      Right! Today the story continues on the 75 meter DX window. What respect can we hope to have ..? Bye Silvano i4zsq
      File allegati
      I4ZSQ Silvano

Commenta

Originariamente inviato da i4zsq Visualizza il messaggio
        Right! Today the story continues on the 75 meter DX window. What respect can we hope to have ..? Bye Silvano i4zsq
        Paolo, Silvano,

thanks for posting here. The question is not so simple. We, Italians, are involved in a label that for most of us are, simply, not true. Everyone make mistakes, but only few of us, unfortunately, REPEAT those mistakes.

I decide yesterday to write down to Martii, OH2BH. I admire and (virtually) know the man, a life for the radio. Maybe soon he write on this forum to hear our thoughts and our points of view about the Italian DX scene.

In the mean he decide if and when write here, he pose officially by mail through me this simple question:

“In marriage Dynamics are required from both parties”:
        Can you ask openly your countrymen:

1: Why is ZS8M singling out the Italians?

2: What did I5REA do to upset him? Was he patiently waiting for his turn?

I did ask the question from the highest DX authority in the world!

He is talking about the “ITALIAN PROBLEM”! Can you answer me what it is and what are the reasons of this problem?

Is there any problem?

Martti
        I think is a great occasion to clarify some commonplaces about Italians RadioAmateur people. For sure Martii will read this thread and:

(Martii): Let me copy this to Wayne, N7NG – he and I have spent considerable time on studying the causes

of successful and unsuccessful DXpeditions. Maybe we can write to your web and you can translate it.

Or why translate. Maybe DX operator needs to understand basic English? Otherwise that lack of language

can become THE FACTOR of misbehaviour? What do you think Christiano?
        We have the highest DX authority in the world read and hear us. Let's do our best effort to build a constructive thread.

Cristiano IZ0IEN
        Ultima modifica di IZ0IEN; 05-10-10, 23:10.
        Cris IZ0IEN

Commenta

Originariamente inviato da IZ0IEN Visualizza il messaggio
          I decide yesterday to write down to Martii, OH2BH. I admire and (virtually) know the men, a life for the radio. Maybe soon he write on this forum to hear our thoughts and our points of view about the Italian DX scene.

This community would be honored to read the Martii OH2BH's point of view right here in the forum.
          If Martii decides to sign up he will be welcome. If not, we'll be honored anyway to be read by him.

Commenta

Here is another two-sided coin. On the one hand, a non DX'er amateur with many technical and operational limits, on the other, a crowd of hunters used to hunt in the reserve .... From a situation so explosive, the least we can expect to find is total chaos, fueled by the cluster packet that helps to increase the occurrence of gastritis and depression. If you add that hunters often have a lack of preparation for hunting DX, but with heavy weaponry, and often have little knowledge of English, then the picture is complete. A healthy self-criticism would be desirable by both parties. The hunt in the reserve is just perfect for inexperienced hunters who just want to have a nice QSL to show off to friends. The true hunter knows where and how to look for the DX, without making too much noise ... and without interfering with other hunters. But that was before the packet cluster that gives 'easy-DX' and even the big scores that DX expeditions want. The mechanism is jammed and will be difficult to get it working again. No going back, but the way of progress is not always easy to walk. I'm sorry for my poor English, but in my school taught French... Sincerely Silvano i4zsq
            File allegati
            I4ZSQ Silvano

Commenta

fm: iz5moq@rrdxa.eu
              to: oh2bh
              File allegati

Commenta

Originariamente inviato da IZ5MOQ Visualizza il messaggio
                fm: iz5moq@rrdxa.eu
                to: oh2bh
                Alessandro, thanks for your contribute. Now Martii , imho, begins to have some added element to evaluate the situation.

Meanwhile also N7NG, Mr. Wayne, president of the YASME foundation, wrote me that Martii inform him about this case, and he'll try the best he can do to solve this particular case and start to try a different way, a different approach to solve the problems caused by few bad elements in Italian Ham Community that originate the commonplace of "Italian Bad Operator" at all.

Thanks for report the link pointing on this thread. I think Martii is focused on an "english language" universal approach to the problem, to be sure that all the world can read and understand what we are discussing.

Sadly i noted reading around that our Dx community is more busy to count if they are in the log instead to teach and give a call to the young guns.
                Maybe, this is the difference between us and the rest of the world.

Cristiano IZ0IEN
                Cris IZ0IEN

Commenta

Hello Cristiano,

a couple of hours ago, I was on the band with Riccardo, I5REA.

He was very polite during the QSO with me and he do not make any comment on that.

He is a wise man of eighty years, with more than fifty years spent to call "CQ DX!".

The QSO with Riccardo was a pleasure for me. He told me that several friends, all around, sent him their phone-callings and so on. He is very peaceful.

Just for your info. Feel free to forward to possible interested one.

Best Regards.

Alessandro, IZ5MOQ
                  W6MOQ - 9A8MOQ

Forget the blacklist, remember the concept of respect for the oldtimer
                  Ultima modifica di IZ5MOQ; 08-10-10, 08:31.

Commenta

Originariamente inviato da IZ5MOQ Visualizza il messaggio
                    Just for your info. Feel free to forward to possible interested one.
                    Yes, for sure.

Cristiano IZ0IEN
                    Cris IZ0IEN

Commenta

I agree with I4ZSQ with his 2 sided coin, however there are times we as DXers have to be sensitive and quickly observe the situation and act accordingly. As a small pistol DXer I learned to listen more and build up a strategy to get the station in my log, and very often I managed to out done the big guns. There are times when one can be very iritating to others and as fellow DXers friends we need to remind them nicely. But sometimes the damaged was so bad that others who have not done anything are also hurt, that need an open mind to see clearly from the other side.
                      Hope this reminds us all that we are fellow friends who have the same hobby.
                      vy 73 de YB6LD

Commenta

Originariamente inviato da YB6LD Visualizza il messaggio
                        Hope this reminds us all that we are fellow friends who have the same hobby.
                        vy 73 de YB6LD
                        Hello Donny, thanks for share your opinion.
                        At least we need just to remember that "war", in all kind of scenario, never produce good results and good consequences.
                        Also "blacklisting" is throwing fuel on fire, in my honest opinion.
                        Mahatma Gandhi is used to said "an eye for eye make the whole world blind".
                        I repeat once again that we have in our radios 2 wonderful and powerful weapons: VFO and power on/off switch.... so why don't use it at the right moment ?

HNY 2011 de Cris IZ0IEN
                        Cris IZ0IEN

Commenta

Sto operando...
                        X