annuncio

Comprimi
Ancora nessun annuncio.

Icom IC-7400 / IC-746 Pro on 2m SSB/CW (VHF contesting)?

Comprimi
X

• Filtro
  • Ora
  • Visualizza
Elimina tutto
nuovi messaggi

• Icom IC-7400 / IC-746 Pro on 2m SSB/CW (VHF contesting)?

Hello,

Does anyone use the Icom IC-7400 (IC-746 Pro) on 2m SSB and CW? How does it perform? Is the receiver good enough for VHF contesting without a preamp? How does it stand up to strong signals in a contest? I'm not really too bothered by its HF performance.

Thanks.

Samir, sm7vzx

Re: Icom IC-7400 / IC-746 Pro on 2m SSB/CW (VHF contesting)?

Originariamente inviato da sm7vzx Visualizza il messaggio
    Hello,

Does anyone use the Icom IC-7400 (IC-746 Pro) on 2m SSB and CW? How does it perform? Is the receiver good enough for VHF contesting without a preamp? How does it stand up to strong signals in a contest? I'm not really too bothered by its HF performance.

Thanks.

Samir, sm7vzx
    I had a 7400 in the past.
    100 W fair enough to break the pileup on the ISS with 4 elements yagi "human rotor"
    Sensitivity is high , i think IP2 and IP3 are too low with pre1 - suffers from QRO contest stations in the fews VHF contest i participate and/or listened.
    Without internal pre is good. Unfortunately the VHF traffic on my QTH is too low to compare it with a V/U dedicated RTX like a icom 910 or better the old series IC 275 - i love the 275 btw
    In HF, probably one of the best entry levels decent radio that icom ever made in the first 2000 decade.

Best 73, see you on the other side of the antenna.
    Cris IZ0IEN
    http://www.technecom.it
    Founder of FOC - Frigo Operators Club
    Member of SOC #990 - Second Operator Class
    Orgoglioso cultore del CW a correzione d'errore.

Commenta

Sto operando...
    X