X

• Filtro
  • Ora
  • Visualizza
Elimina tutto
nuovi messaggi

• Getscores: good news

Ciao,
    ieri ho ricevuto l'email che segue da parte di Gerry, W1VE, ideatore e gestore del sito Getscores.org.

Pare che il nuovo sito consentirā, tra l'altro, di inserire da parte degli utenti nuovi contest. Sarebbe ottimo, in viste del prossimo ARI DX.

---------------------------------------------------
    Hi Friends and fellow contesters,

Just a quick update on what is going on.

I've had a lot of progress with Getscores... as you know, I (sole developer) am in the middle of a major update...

This update includes a complete re-write of the database and business logic, as well as many changes to the web-based user interface.

The interface is being tested for compatibility with Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer browsers.

For those who prefer to "roll their own" or to re-publish getscores information, there are the following new features:
    - Live contest information will be available in a number of other formats other than a web page:
    - XML: using the xml feed, you can report scores from your own website. If you know someone who knows "xslt", you can make nice looking web pages using an xslt transform.
    - RSS: this is a form of xml that is a standard way of sending ever-changing data. RSS "widgets" are available for any programming/web environment -- even your desktop. You can point your
    widget at the RSS feed and get scores in just about real time. There will be an RSS feed for every contest on the site.

In the old system, new contests (or contest events) on getscores were enabled by David, K1TTT or myself. The new site will have a web page where anyone can provide the basic information needed to support a contest. This information will still be reviewed by Dave or myself, but it will save us a lot of legwork.

Posting scores to the site will remain the same, with full support from N1MM, WriteLog, WinTest and the Universal updater.

Timelines

This is a hobby site for me. What that means is that I'm putting as much time as I can into it right now. I had expected to have the new site live before WPX SSB, however, that did not happen.
    My goal with this next release is not to bring the site live until it is fully tested.

That goal is being adjusted somewhat. We are breaking new gound with the ARRL Rookie Roundup contest. This contest will be scored and validated using the getscores site. The first ARRL RR will be April 18th. For that contest, the site will be in "beta" mode, meaning that scoring and validation will not be "live" to end users.

Since the ARRL RR has been announced publicly, I need to bring the new main page of the site up (as people reading CQ or QST will look for the site). I'll be doing that in the next few days.

I'm hopeful to have the site operational for standard contests by sometime this weekend.

Gerry, W1VE
    gerry@w1ve.com

Please feel free to forward this email to friends and your club reflectors. At this time, do not post on CQ-Contest. I'll be making a more general announcement as things come online.
    ---------------------------------------------------

Re: Getscores: good news

Originariamente inviato da ik3qar Visualizza il messaggio
    - Live contest information will be available in a number of other formats other than a web page:
    - XML: using the xml feed, you can report scores from your own website. If you know someone who knows "xslt", you can make nice looking web pages using an xslt transform.
    - RSS: this is a form of xml that is a standard way of sending ever-changing data. RSS "widgets" are available for any programming/web environment -- even your desktop. You can point your
    widget at the RSS feed and get scores in just about real time. There will be an RSS feed for every contest on the site.
    Interessante
    73 de IK7JWY Art
    https://www.qrz.com/db/IK7JWY
    http://www.infinitoteatrodelcosmo.it...rturo-lorenzo/

Commenta

Sto operando...
    X