Comprimi
X

• Filtro
  • Ora
  • Visualizza
Elimina tutto
nuovi messaggi

• Perchè i radioamatori sono"HAM"

Ciao, per caso ho trovato questo, sarebbe la vera storia di come è nato il "soprannome" HAM per i radioamatori.

WHY ARE AMATEUR RADIO OPERATORS CALLED "HAMS"?
    The main part of this article is based on one in the FLORIDA SKIP 1959:
    in 1908 the Harvard (Massachussetts, USA) Radio Club was operated by Al Hyman, Bob Almy & "Poogie" Murray. Originally their call was, HYMAN-ALMY-MURRAY. Tapping that out in morse code was just too much...so they shortened it to "HYALMU". In 1910, a Mexican ship had the callsign "HYALMO" and there was some confusion about who was being worked! So, they decided to shorten it yet again to the first letter of each of their family names..."HAM", which didn't need approval from the government, as all radio stations just assigned themselves a callsign! In 1911, one of the team, Al Hyman wrote a thesis for his masters degree on the Wireless Regulation Bill. His Professor insisted that a copy be sent to Senator David Walsh who was a member of the committee hearing the bill. Al Hyman was invited to appear before the committee and make a speech. He told the committee that if the bill passed, and fees were introduced, that they, and many other 'experimentor's' would have to shut down. Congressional debate began on the Wireless Regulation Bill and the little station known as 'HAM' became the symbol for all of the little amateur radio experimentor stations that were trying to be closed down by the big 'commerical' radio stations. The outcome isn't important, as, there was a great deal of publicity for the little station known as 'HAM'...and that's how amateur radio operators got the nickname 'HAM'... this is a TRUE STORY, and is part of the U.S. Congressional Record of 1911!

Che ne dite è simpatica?
    Brix

Re: Perchè i radioamatori sono"HAM"

Ottima ed esauriente esposizione. Non so perchè, ma preferivo restare con la domanda sospesa e continuare a credere in una motivazione più soft ... 73' Silvano
    File allegati
    I4ZSQ Silvano

Commenta

Originariamente inviato da i4zsq Visualizza il messaggio
      Ottima ed esauriente esposizione. Non so perchè, ma preferivo restare con la domanda sospesa e continuare a credere in una motivazione più soft ... 73' Silvano

La mia intrinseca suinità è assolutamente concorde con te...
      I.N.O.R.C. #325 - MARCONISTA #397 - A.R.M.I. #008 - C.T.I. #408 - G.R.T. #010 - N.A.Q.C.C. #3718 - S.K.C.C. #5827 - A.1.C. #1509 - "CW o zitti !"

Commenta

cavolo, allora l'ham-spirit è solo lo spirito di Almy Murray ?!?

altre certezze che svaniscono..
        73 de IK7JWY Art
        https://www.qrz.com/db/IK7JWY
        http://www.infinitoteatrodelcosmo.it...rturo-lorenzo/

Commenta

Conoscevo già questa storia, ricordo addirittura di qualcuno che la racconto, anni fà, in un programma televisivo, qualcosa di simile a QUARK.
          Gianni
          i7phh

IQ7AF - II7P - IJ7A - ID8/IQ8CS - SW8DX Team
          www.i7phh.it

Commenta

Sto operando...
          X